February 11, 2018 5th Sunday after the Epiphany
Message “Time For Wise Decision” Pastor Soo Khim Yeo
1. A warm welcome to those who are worshipping with us for the first time. Please join us for refreshment after the service. We would love to get to know you.
2. A warm welcome to our speaker Pastor Soo Khim Yeo, Vancouver Office Manager of Our Daily Bread Ministries Canada. She had served as a youth pastor in Singapore and also as a missionary pastor to China for 10 years.
3. New Sunday School arrangement for 2018 January as follow –
Grade 7 & 8
Grade 9 & 10
Grade 11 & 12,
Kairos Bible Study Group (Post-secondary)
Stephen Cheng, Elaine Fung
4. AFC Teens Conference 2018 will be conducted on Mar 12-13 (Junior Grades 7-9); Mar 14-15 (Senior Grades 9-12) at Richmond Hill Christian Community Church. Early Bird due date: TODAY. Please visit http://www.afccanada.org/registertc for online registration.
5. Rev. Felix Chow is taking a leave from Feb 8-28 to go back to Hong Kong to visit his father who is sick. Let’s remember his father and family in our prayers.
6. Weekly timetable:
Sun Feb 11
English Sunday School
B105, 206, B102
Wed Feb 14
Ash Wednesday Prayer Meeting
1. Let’s pray for all missionaries who are supported by TCMC brothers and sisters.
2. Food Drive, Church of St. Jude (Wexford) – The Deacon’s Pantry Food Bank
In February, let’s gather baby wipes, women pads (no tampons), cereal, pasta sauce, tooth brushes & tooth paste. Also, we are still in high need of hygiene items - shampoo, razors, deodorant, tooth paste, tooth brushes and sanitary napkins. Adult and children winter clothing such as scarves, gloves and hats are also needed. A list of 2018 donation items is now available in the foyer. Please feel free to get a copy.
3. The Children's Ministry is now under the leadership of Rev. Kevin Hon and the committee: Elaine Yau (Chairperson), Charlotte Lam, Amy Mak, Joanna Tang and Anna Wang. You are welcome to contact them about Children’s Ministry.
4. 2018 Children Summer Camp will be held from August 7-10 (Tuesday-Friday) and August 13-17 (Monday-Friday).
5. For those who would like to receive children baptism, confirmation, adult baptism or joining the church as members on Easter Sunday (April 1), please contact our pastors and prepare to attend the preparation classes.
6. Rev. Suzan Ho will lead in the 11:15 a.m. Children Worship and Bible study group from January to March, 2018.
7. Upcoming Events:
Feb 14 (Wed)
8:00 – 9:00 pm
Ash Wednesday Prayer Meeting
Feb 18 (Sun)
Children Service, Cantonese & Mandarin Joint Service
Chinese New Year Refreshment
Feb 24 (Sat)
4:30 – 9:30 pm
Chinese New Year Celebration (Mandarin)
8. 2017 Offering Receipts are now ready for pick-up. English – Stephen Cheng, Mandarin – Ted Wang, Cantonese – front lobby. For any enquiries, please contact Raymond Tse, the secretary.
9. Mr. Kwong Cheung Sit (Cantonese Congregation) rested in God’s arms on Jan 20 at the age of 91. His funeral service was held yesterday at R.S. Kane Funeral Home, followed by cremation service at Forest Lawn Cremation Centre. May God comfort the family.
10. Let's pray for all participants of the Eastern Canada Chinese Christians Winter Conference at TCMC this weekend (from last Friday to today).